Thanks for the tip, Doug. I will definitely be using this until we (hopefully)
find a solution.

It makes no sense to me how creating it in the chord definition dialog box
garners the desired results but in other places there seems to be this
disconnect.  Nick Carter even sent me an updated font and FAN file- I just get
different wrong characters. Here's hoping someone else has encountered this and
has some ideas.

Mike