You can use a staff style to change the transposition for only the passage you 
need. I don't remember how the interval and key alter boxes work, but I 
remember that it is not exactly intuitive. You may have to look it up.

Christopher


On Fri May 3, at FridayMay 3 7:46 AM, Marcello Noia wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I also recall this kind of trick, but as the 
> problem involves only a part
> of the score, the problem could be not so easily solved. The alto player 
> will have to deal
> with that wood of sharps!
> 
> Il 03/05/2013 12:15, David H. Bailey ha scritto:
>> On 5/3/2013 5:32 AM, Marcello Noia wrote:
>>> Hi, surely my problem has been discussed before but I cannot recall if a
>>> solution was found.
>>> I have a score in Db major where a section goes in A major. Applying the
>>> trasposition to the
>>> alto sax part, the result is Bb major>  F# major. Is it possible that
>>> the section in F# major could
>>> be displayed in Gb major? Selecting/deselecting the "simplify key"
>>> leaves things unchanged.
>>> Thank you
>>> Marcello
>>> 
>> I know this has been discussed before but I can't recall the exact
>> procedure, but I think it has to do with redefining the transposition
>> for the alto sax staff, from diatonic to chromatic, although I can't
>> remember whether it also involved changing the direction and the number
>> of half-steps to transpose (i.e. moving the part up vs. moving it down),
>> and then doing an octave transposition on the whole part if needed.
>> 
>> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
> 


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to