I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do this, but one quick and dirty 
trick is to give the Alto staff an independent key sig (in the staff 
attributes box in my version).  Of course you have to remember it's 
independent and won't change key automatically like the other parts, but for 
only one or two key changes it's not a big problem.  Entering the notes 
first then changing to independent key sig avoids the drudge of transposing.

I once had all three Eb tenor horn players complain about too many sharps in 
a section of one of my pieces, even though they were only playing sustained 
notes.  An independent key sig allowed me to choose any key I wanted and use 
accidentals, which they found much easier to play!  :)

Good luck
Peter

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Marcello Noia" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 10:32 AM
Subject: [Finale] FinWin 2011 - Transposing instruments


> Hi, surely my problem has been discussed before but I cannot recall if a
> solution was found.
> I have a score in Db major where a section goes in A major. Applying the
> trasposition to the
> alto sax part, the result is Bb major > F# major. Is it possible that
> the section in F# major could
> be displayed in Gb major? Selecting/deselecting the "simplify key"
> leaves things unchanged.
> Thank you
> Marcello
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
>
>
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2013.0.3272 / Virus Database: 3162/6292 - Release Date: 05/02/13
> 


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to