Hi all,

Let's say you have boxed rehearsal letters set up to show up above the top
score staff and the Violin I staff in an orchestral score. And let's say you
want to move ONLY the rehearsal letter above the top score staff, ONLY in the
score.

I have yet to find an effective method for doing this. Has anyone sorted out a
good workflow?

If you move the rehearsal letter in the score, it moves it everywhere
(including the violin staff in the score, and all parts). This is as expected.

However, if you unlink the rehearsal letter in the score (or hold the override
key and drag) and move the top rehearsal letter in the score, the rehearsal
letter showing on the violin staff also moves. You can move the rehearsal
letter showing on the violin staff independently, but whenever you adjust the
rehearsal letter attached to the top score staff, the rehearsal letters showing
on other staves move with it.

It is possible to go to the top part (let's say it's the Flute 1 part), hold
down the override key, and drag the top rehearsal letter. That moves the
rehearsal letter in the top score staff as well without affecting the rehearsal
letter attached to the Violin I staff. But possibly you don't *want* to move it
in the part, meaning you'd have to unlink it in the part after dragging with
the override key and remove manual adjustments. But that is a lot of work just
to make a simple adjustment in the score, and also involves a certain amount of
guesswork since you are trying to adjust the positioning of a score element by
moving it in the part!

Has anyone figured out a better way to do this?

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org