My experience with venture capitalists is that they want to make
money. Period. And they usually invest in companies that have a goal
and actual potential. And MakeMusic does have this. In fact, their
smartmusic stuff is doing really well (supposedly subscriptions are
still being added).

Of the two (Sibelius and finale) I think finale is moving forward.
Avid is really all about protools and everything else is second
fiddle.