This forum is not a focus group.  It seems to me the majority of people
here are long-term users who are content with the mode of operation that
has existed for over a decade.  So I have no interest in a one-sided
discussion that will inevitably be a list of reasons why "it can't be
done."  If Finale wanted to convent a focus group, I would be happy to
share my thoughts that are based on 50 years as a musician and 40 years
involvement in complex software design, including innovative user
interfaces.

I stand by my statement that (almost) everything about the notation
process can and should be made at least an order of magnitude more
intuitive and productive.  A big exception to that is the managed parts
feature.  I think they did a very nice job with that concept.  There is
room for refinements, but not a magnitude improvement.