I have looked everywhere for laser printer paper that is close to what 
the engraving houses have historically used.  The closest I have been 
able to come is

Cougar Digital Domtar Earth Choice Item 2227 250 sheets 100/40 lb  (148 
g/m2)

This is white letter size.  I think they make the same product in ledger 
size and in off-white.  It is really good, but a smoother surface than 
traditional music paper.  That works fine, but it just doesn't feel like 
the stuff most older music was printed on.

This product is readily available, but probably not locally in most 
cities.  Here is one supplier.  I have never dealt with them.  They only 
seem to have the white.

White letter sized: 
http://www.supplyways.com/White-Cougar-Laser-Paper-8-5-x-11-Domtar-2227-p/dcdsw11100.htm

White ledger sized: 
http://www.supplyways.com/White-Cougar-Laser-Paper-11-by-17-Domtar-2228-p/dcdsw17100.htm

I have a supply of the beige paper, but I stupidly pulled off the 
label.  I think this is the next lighter weight, 80/32 TEXT (not to be 
confused with cover weights.)  That is 188 G/m2.  The white version of 
that product is item# 2579.

Here is the spec sheet from the manufacturer:
http://www.domtar.com/files/paper/Cougar_Digital_Stocking_EN_0214_%283%29.pdf

The natural color is only available in the Cougar Digital line as 80/32 
TEXT.  The white is available in the heavier 100/40 TEXT. IMHO 80/32 
text is OK if you are always printing on double sheets (ledger size).  
But I think it is just a little light for a single page.

I would love to find a 100/40 weight paper in natural color that doesn't 
have such a smooth surface.



On 3/10/2014 3:30 PM, Ryan Beard wrote:
> Hi all,
> My paper supplier has discontinued the product I like, so I need to switch to 
> something else. What do you use and where do you get it?
> Ryan
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
> [email protected]
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to