On 4/17/2014 12:40 AM, Girard Bowe wrote:
> I'm trying to create a leadsheet for Benny Golson's Blues on My Mind, and
> there are rhythm kicks integral to the song. I wanted to notate them above
> the melody line as an ossia, but it seems as if I have to create a separate
> ossia for each measure - very clunky. And when I tried to use the rhythm
> section staff as the source, the rhythm staff style did not carry over.
>

> Is there an easier way to do this, or am I going to have to create a 2-staff
> lead sheet?

I know you've gotten advice on ways to accomplish this, but I think I
would be tempted to add a single line percussion staff to the leadsheet
and then hide all the empty staves for systems where they're truly empty
and apply the Force Hide (Cutaway) to any empty measures which are on
systems where the rhythm kicks appear.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com