Thank you both for the input. I've usually used lyrics for chord
symbols, using one of the Metronome fonts which mixes music symbols with
texts and has a nice set of superscript numbers, but I was getting a
random bug in Fin2012 where lyrics would suddenly get out of sync with
their corresponding music. 2014 crashes too much so I went back to 2012,
and decided to try the chord tool more seriously. But I don't much like
the results, or the effort/results ratio.
John