By "won't insert measures" bug do you mean it crashes when you insert
(exactly) one measure? I used to have that problem, but since the last
Fin12 update I rarely if ever see it. And when I did, all I needed to do
was insert more than one and delete the extras.

I'm also avoiding Fin14. Not enough there to tempt me to put up with the
hassles. Maybe there will be a c release that's better.