The first press release mentions that PeaksWare's program TrainingPeaks
has something to do with endurance training -- I think that we veteran
Finale users know a lot about endurance training, given all the
long-standing bugs we've had to endure as well as the new ones that have
been introduced with each new release.

So in that regard nothing should change.  :-)

Seriously, though, I'm not quite sure what benefits an athletic training
assistance company can bring to a music notation program or a music
accompaniment program.  I can see how there might be some advantage in
the training field for SmartMusic ("How To Train For a Week-Long
Wagner-Fest" or some such) but for music notation?

I hope that the new corporate umbrella thing will allow the MakeMusic
developers adequate development dollars to fix the problems while moving
ahead into the future.

Only time will tell.

David H. Bailey

--