On 8/7/2014 12:51 AM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:
> Wow.  That parent company has absolutely nothing to do with music.  They
> talk about this as if making music is analogous to doing chin-ups.  And
> notice that they are dumping the whole MakeMusic management team, or so
> it seems." Current MakeMusic CEO, Karen VanDerBosch and the rest of her
> executive team will assist with the transition."
>
> That's a hell of a way to end the company.  Put it under control of a
> person who thinks writing a symphony is simply a matter of getting
> enough reps.
>
> That's really disgusting.

Michael Good, current V.P. of technology, is staying on, which is a good
thing.

As to dumping Karen VanDerBosch, I must say that the releases of Finale
which have come during her tenure have not been the best, so that might
not be a bad thing.  Just reading the complaints recently about people
having to do some work in 2012 then move to 2014 for other work to avoid
the 2012 bugs and then having to revert back to 2012 to avoid the 2014
bugs makes me wonder whether MakeMusic even has a debugging department
any more.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com