When I was a music editor, when dealing with a pitch on beat one that had been
altered on the final beat of the previous measure but was restored in the new
measure by the key signature, it was my practice to do two non-conventional
things: to place an accidental on the pitch and not to parenthesize it.  If the
pitch had been altered earlier in the preceding measure and not used again, I
would not do this.

There are other parameters that I used to determine what I would do but they
were judgment calls. I tried to be consistent.

RH