Are you using a text insert for the copyright text?

I think text inserts would be new to you in 2014. Text inserts are defined
in Score Manager>File Info tab. Fill out the appropriate fields for your
piece, and easily insert that text throughout the whole document. This
method is handy in cases where you need to change something, like the
copyright date. Changing the text in these fields will change all the
inserts in your document.

You can't change the attributes of just one character if you're using text
inserts. If you're using this method, that may be your issue.

Ryan