There was a long-standing bug involving the .aiff file ACTUALLY HAVING a .mus 
extension. So I would try to create an audio file with the same filename (but 
an .aiff extension) and what ended up happening was it overwrote the .mus file. 
At that point, I had a possibility of disaster. If I closed the .mus file, then 
I would have a file that LOOKED like a Finale file, but would not open (because 
despite the extension, it was an .aiff file) and my Finale file would be gone. 
If I saved and closed, then the .mus file would overwrite my new audio file 
(because it had the same name!) and I would have no audio file. The way I 
finally caught this was when I noticed that my .mus file was suddenly about 8 
megs in size, instead of a couple hundred K.

I have no idea under which circumstances this would occur, yet not occur other 
times. 

The short filename suggestion was because they claimed to have fixed the 
old-fashioned file naming system they used, but actually KEPT USING IT for 
internal Finale operations (like audio file generation) for another couple 
versions. Perhaps they still haven’t fixed it. I honestly don’t know.

Christopher


> On Feb 10, 2016, at 6:00 AM, Robert Patterson <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> Thanks, Christopher. I was dubious this would make a difference, since the
> audio files use the .aiff extension (and I also tried .wav). But I tried
> anyway, using a single letter name, and it made no difference.
> 
> The export starts up Human Playback and runs through the file on the
> playback controls, but then it stops without writing a file.
> 
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Christopher Smith <
> [email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Try using a very short filename, and/or save in another directory. I
>> suspect your .musx file is being overwritten by the audio, then you save
>> your Finale file again and overwrite the audio you just saved.
>> 
>> Christopher
>> 
>> 
>>> On Feb 9, 2016, at 6:23 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> On Tue, February 9, 2016 8:09 pm, Robert Patterson wrote:
>>>> Does anyone have export as audio file working in 14.5? When I do it, it
>>>> goes through all the motions but does not save a file.
>>> 
>>> No problems here. Fin 14.5 on Win 10.
>>> 
>>> Dennis
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Finale mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>>> 
>>> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>>> [email protected]
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Finale mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>> [email protected]
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
> 
> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
> [email protected]


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to