On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM, SN jef chippewa <
shirl...@newmusicnotation.com> wrote:

> (double-click and drag)

Ohmigosh. Thank you. I of course had tried reslecting the lost selection
after switching to the Graphics tool. However, I was clicking and dragging
and nothing was getting selected. I had no idea I needed to DOUBLE-click
and drag! Thank you so much!

> in your text editor, i strongly suggest creating an "images" (or
> "graphics") folder and being systematic about naming.  then LINK the
> files (don't embed).

Thanks for this suggestion. Seems like a good idea and it appears OOo
supports this.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Inserting_an_image_from_a_file

Ultimatly, though, this will end up saved as a PDF (with the text and
graphics all in one file) so that I can eMail it to my students.