What I suggest is to make sure that you have located the measure where the
volume reduction begins, and that you have a copy of that section in another
file for reference.   Completely remove the measure stack in the section you
are working with.  Try playing playing the piece and see if the reduction in
volume continues to occur beyond the point where you deleted measures.  If the
problem has been fixed, then add the measure stack as it was, without notation,
and then copy in the notation or rewrite it, and check each time you complete
each instrument staff in the new stack.  This will often show you where the
problem is, or it simply fixes it.

This may seem time consuming, but it really is the fastest way, in my
experience.

tim