I just stumbled across this article that was put out about 3 weeks ago.
it seems to say these items are removed from the new version:

* Band-in-a-box auto harmonizing

* Mirror tool (i.e. ie no more mirrored measures)

* Tempo tool

* Music scanning

This sounds like a net DOWN-grade to me.

I have the pro version of SmartScan, which I can use with XML, and I
never used mirrored measures.  But I use the auto-harmonizing all the
time.  It is a quick way to get an arrangement up and running.  My final
arrangements rarely use the notes exactly as put out by that plug-in.  I
will generally scrub it to do better voice leading and improve the
harmonies (the plug-in seems to go crazy adding 6ths).  But The ability
to quickly populate a soli section is valuable, IMHO.