Yes, I believe I could keep 2014.5 installed and do the auto-harmonizing
there.  But that begs the question what would be my motivation to go to
V25 if I have to bounce between apps.

In your case, this 64-bit version *MAY* resolve the speed problems you
have been having on large scores.  If that is the case, then the upgrade
would be a clear winner.

There might be a time I'd want to run ReWire, but it isn't all that
likely for the kinds of projects I have been doing in Finale.

I'd appreciate hearing from anybody with the demo installed, regarding
whether the many problems with HP have been fixed.

And as of this moment, the Makenusic forum is still rejecting the IP
address from my Comcast connection (whether I use my PC or a cell phone
over WiFi on that connection.  If I disable WiFi on my cell phone
(forcing it through the AT&T network, it gets to the forum OK.  Seems
like a bad day to have big website problems.

And speaking of that, if you go to the Makemusic site, there is not a
single word about the new Finale version on the home page.  And if you
click into the Finale section, still nothing other than a link to  an
"oh by the way ..." note about the new release.  I would have thought
with 2+ years to plan this release, they might have wanted to mention
SOMETHING about it.