I’ve always meant to ask this and it came up again . . .

When I add a text expression to reduced-size notes - cue notes, e.g. - if I
don’t want the text reduced by the same percentage as the note heads, I have to
Control-click the handle, select Edit Expression Assignment, then UNcheck the
box in the next dialog that says “Scale Expression with Attached Note.” I’d
just like to save all those keystrokes by making that (the unchecked box) the
default state and I’ve never found a way to do it.

I know I could make each expression so it has a fixed font size, but I don’t
want that either, because I may need to reduce the page or staff size and then
the expression is way too big.

Thanks for any insights.

Doug