You don’t say which version of Finale, or which platform.  But it sounds like a
Hide Empty Staves or Optimized staves situation.  If you own TGTools you can
fix it with Staff List Manager.

I had a similar issue with staves not showing up in a file I’d been working on
for a long time.  There turned out to be a fair amount of corruption in the
file that no one could fix.  I still haven’t fixed it for good, but TGT was my
means for getting things back.

More info on your situation could prove useful.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios