I don’t know how to solve all of these issues, but there’s an effective way to
control spacing when Finale’s spacing places notes too close together (and they
jump back to the default spacing after moving them by hand). When I encounter
this problem, I put hidden rests of whatever value(s) I need to spread the
measure out in layer 4. This holds things reliably in place.

Hope this is helpful,

Chuck

> On Jan 21, 2019, at 8:48 AM, dr.a.s. weinstangel <dr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder if anyone would have some suggestions regarding the following
> behaviours:
>
> Win10 Fin26.0.1.655
>
> Document preferences->Tuplets set to show number and bracket.  The same in
> Tuplets definition submenu. The bracket does NOT show up, unless the group is
> broken into smaller chunks.
>
> There are lots of glissandos in the score. If using the line in Smart Shapes,
> it is often invisible, and does not remain attached to the notes it is
> supposed to connect. If using the wiggly (“bend”) shape, it is much better
> visually, but even harder to place properly, as it even reverts to vertical
> if the space between the notes is smaller.
>
> These glissandos often go to a grace note. It would be desirable to have a
> bit more space to show the glissando. Moving the notes manually is useless,
> as the notes will jump back together the moment the next bar is clicked on.
>
> Placing a dot on the note at the end of a slur moves the slur above the dot,
> which is not wanted. It takes a lot of fiddling to place the slur back where
> it belongs, and often it will revert to the other setting on its own.
>
> I know it all sounds like pretty small stuff, but multiplied by over 40
> staves it all adds up to becoming a major irritation! Thank you in advance
> for your help.
>

> Dr.A.S.Weinstangel
>
> sasha.weinstan...@utoronto.ca
> cel.647-292-4605