On 3/13/2019 6:11 AM, Lawrence David Eden wrote:
Thanks to my colleagues who weighed in on my question about moving measures
from one system to another.

I discovered the fix:  set the score to reflow measures and maintain system locks.
Gotta love Finale!  It can always "be done” but solutions require a lot of
digging.  I know:  Preaching to the choir….

[snip]

Not trying to start a Finale/Sibelius war, but such things are so much easier in Sibelius: Highlight the bars you want on a single system, hit alt-shift-m (no specific tool to need to be "in") and the bars are together on a system. If you want a certain group of measures to fit on a single page, highlight them, choose the Layout ribbon and click "Make Into Page." If you want a specific measure to begin a system, select the barline at the end of the previous measure and hit the enter key. If you want a specific measure to begin a new page, select the barline at the end of the previous measure and hit ctrl-enter.

It's things like what Lawrence has just gone through which have made me mostly abandon Finale in favor of Sibelius, except for working on legacy projects, which I am gradually exporting from Finale as MusicXML files and then opening in Sibelius for further editing and printing.

--
*****
David H. Bailey