At 17:58 Uhr -0400 15.04.2002, Chris Devers wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>>  Removing one word 'exec' from the wrapper script makes it work.
>
>Please tell me that a simple shell script change like this won't require
>spending hours and hours recompiling Mozilla. Please tell me that some
>kind of trivial patch can be applied -- I mean hell I can do this myself
>but how would Fink know that? -- and that chore can be avoided. If it
>can't, then I suggest holding off on the fix until the next Mozilla
>release is on the way...

Well.

Techincally, you could do this (tedious, but can be done in half an hours):

1) Copy your mozilla deb, giving it the name of the new "fixed" revision

2) Unpack it into a safe place; unpack the control part of it as well
(both using dpkg-deb)

3) Apply the patch to that wrapper script

4) Modify the version information in the control are

5) Re-assemble it all under the correct name.

Again, this is not really trivial, but if you are desperate, it's
possible (I have used this trick myself once in the past, to fix a
dependeny in xfree86).

Max