On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 06:21 AM, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:

> should we maybe start to use this in our package's LDFLAGS? It might
> make finding real errors easier, especially with packages like xfree,
> where I get a *lot* of these warnings. I had wondered if there was an
> option like this, and now I found it    :-)

Would it be better to use the two-level namespace support of ld instead
of fighting against it?   I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just
would like to know the best way of handling linker issues.  It seems to
me that the use of -flat_namespace just raises the need for a bunch of
other flags like -undefined suppress and -multiply_defined suppress.
I'm concerned about all the `suppress' options hiding problems that
really ought to be fixed properly.

--
Eric Norum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Department of Electrical Engineering