Probably a bit prompt but I was keen to install the new apple x11 package. After removing xfree-base etc from my powerbook and installing the new apple X11 server I tried to pacify fink (dselect) by installing the system-xfree86 placeholder package. However dpkg reports that this package (system-xfree86_4.2-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) fails the preinstall scripts. I guess this is because the script has not yet been updated to look for the mac version of X11 (not surprising seeing as they just released it!)

Just thought I would flag this. Sorry I dont have the time to fix this myself.

Tony
--------
Dr. Tony Lacey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.isbe.man.ac.uk/~ajl/>
Imaging Science & Bio-medical Engineering, [Tel: +44 (0)161 275 5731]
University of Manchester, Stopford Building, [GSM: +44 (0)7870 876105 ]
Oxford Rd., Manchester. M13 9PT U.K. [Fax: +44 (0)161 275 5145]
--------
"I don't speak for all the voices in my head, let alone my employer"
--------