It is working here. The system-xfree86 was updated by the fink maintainers a couple of hours ago. Did you follow the instructions on the fink website?

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/x11/inst-xfree86.php#apple-binary

Most important: Did you do the 'fink selfupdate-cvs' step noted there?

Hope this helps, Chris.