Friends -
I currently have two new packages and two updates in the tracker:

1) sml-mode update to version 4, and I'm volunteering to take over as
maintainer;
2) ProofGeneral update to 3.7 final -- I'm the maintainer and
submitting an upgrade;
3) Isabelle 2007 -- new package; and
4) polyml5 -- new package.

Two of these were submitted on 2/16 and nothing has happened with
respect to them.  One was submitted on 2/16 and a comment made upon it
on 2/24, which I responded to the same day; and the other was
submitted on 11/28; with no response until 2/9.  I understand that
everybody involved with the project are probably busy; but it makes
non-core maintainers like me doubt whether it's worth doing anything
at all.

I'm not even mentioning (well, obviously I am) the fact that I
submitted packages system-texlive, tetex-texmf-texlive and tetex-base-
texlive in September and the bare indication that
'The role within fink of "system" packages such as this one is
currently under review by the fink core team.'  I understand that this
is a serious issue, but nothing is happening!  The only version of TeX
that is available with Fink is teTeX 3.0, which is getting seriously
dated.

I'm very frustrated, and really wondering whether to continue doing
anything with Fink.  Could someone give me some kind of a pep talk?

Also; it might be nice if somebody (I can't do it because I don't have
the information) would post what  the status of the Fink project is.
Is anybody getting paid to do this, or is it all in people's spare
time?  Who is making the decisions?

I think that's enough venting for now. I'm sorry to trouble people,
but I'm trying to help, and feel like I'm submitting stuff into a
vacuum.

Peace
- John