On 9/3/10 12:58 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On 9/3/10 12:14 PM, David Lowe wrote:
>>      I think all these games that failed Buildworld seem to need the "games"
>> account... Adding a BDep on passwd did not improve the situation.  This and
>> similar commands were hand crafted into the InstallScript, theoretically for
>> a reason.  Does anybody know what it was?  Is it still needed?
>>
>>> make  install-exec-hook
>>> chgrp "games" "/sw/src/fink.build/root-angband-3.0.6-1/sw/bin/angband"
>>> chgrp: you are not a member of group games
>>> make[4]: *** [install-exec-hook] Error 1
>>
>>> mkdir -p -m 0775 %i/var/games/%n/
>>> chown games:games %i/var/games/%n/
>>> chmod g+w %i/var/games/%n/
>>> find lib/ -exec chown games:games {} \;
>>> find lib/ -exec chmod g+w {} \;
>>> cp -Rp lib %i/var/games/%n/
>>
>> Sent from my MacBookPro
>>
>> SWF, blonde, stacked, seeks appreciative gentlemen.  No sysops.
>
> It might be the case that the executable wants to run under the 'games'
> group for some reason--but I'm not sure.
>
> - --build-as-nobody doesn't allow _any_ use of chgrp, chmod, ..., because
> it uses a deliberately unprivileged 'fink-bld' user.
>
> What you can do, however, is move chmods, chgrps, and the like to a
> PostInstScript, since we're not _installing_ as anything but root. (at
> least not yet).  It doesn't really matter _when_ you change a file's
> ownership.

Correct.  Some of the games that failed --b-a-n had the chown/grp/mod
changes hand coded in InstallScript and so it was easy to move those
commands to PostInstScript.  However, the remaining packages (like
angband) have the ownership change coded inside a Makefile which will
require patching it out there and then repeating the command in
PostInstScript.  That's what I did with xinvaders just recently.

Angband has both (inside Makefile and in PostInstScript).  It also has
"--with-setgid=games" in ConfigureParams, so perhaps just removing that,
finding the Makefile commands that option activated, and copying the
remaining chown commands to PostInstScript will be enough.  Warning:
"find lib/ -exec chown games:games {} \;" looks like it might find way
to many incorrect files for PostInstScript if lib=/sw/lib, so make sure
that you're giving it a full path that points to the relevant angband files.

Hanspeter