Hi,

I am running fink on a OS 10.4 system on a Macbook Pro.  I had xemacs
previously installed, and apparently when I ran a 'fink selfupdate' earlier
this week, it updated my xemacs installation to a new version which no longer
works.  After some trial and error, I discovered that fink now wants to install
by default the unstable version of xemacs 1:21.4.20-1002, instead of the stable
version 1:21.4.15-1002 which is listed for system 10.4/i386, according to

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/xemacs

This happens whether I install the binary package, or install from source.
This new version of xemacs crashes immediately when starting it from an X11
window.  On my other computer, I did not do a fink selfupdate, and so I still
have 1:21.4.15-1002 which works fine.

I have checked that my /sw/etc/fink.conf does say "Distribution: 10.4"
and that it is the i386 version of xemacs that gets installed by fink.  So
there should not be any confusion about the system I am running fink on.  Just
somehow the fink package database is not correct.

Is it possible with fink to re-install the old working version.  How do I go
about reconfiguring fink to do this?  Or do I need to ask one of the fink
maintainers to update the database entry for xemacs to reflect the fact that
1.21.4.20-1002 is still unstable.  The website seems to have the correct
information, but my installed version of fink gets it wrong....

Thanks,
Aaron