I had CC and CPP env setting removed. They were set to arm-elf-gcc. However,
that hasn't improved anything. Sorry for not answering [1][2][3]. But I've got
it now. Here they are:
wikikiwi:src ibookg4test$ fink -V | head -n2Package manager version:
0.29.8Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Wed Aug 26 20:17:25 2009, 10.5,
powerpc
wikikiwi:src ibookg4test$ sw_vers | grep ProductVersionProductVersion:  10.5.8
wikikiwi:src ibookg4test$ xcodebuild -versionXcode 3.1.2Component versions:
DevToolsCore-1148.0; DevToolsSupport-1102.0BuildVersion: 9M2621

--- On Wed, 8/26/09, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fink-users] Failed: phase compiling: cmake-2.6.4-1 failed
To: "vibnwis" <vibn...@yahoo.com>
Cc: fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 5:03 PM

vibnwis wrote:
> ok, sorry about that. Instead of installing the kde4, I am now
> installing just the cmake.

Right.  Under Fink the error should be identical.

Here are the errors I encountered.

> [ 64%] Building CXX object Source/CMakeFiles/CMakeLib.dir/cmELF.o
> /sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.6.4-1/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmELF.cxx:186:
> error: 'Elf64_Ehdr' does not name a type

<snip>

> I had successfully installed cmake through dmg package.  It is in
> /usr/bin. However, the fink doesn't seem to aware of that and keep
> building  its own cmake.

That's right.  Fink tries _not_ to use stuff that it doesn't install
itself, other than what is normally on the system.

> Please advise.
>
> Thanks a lot.

It might well be that your /usr/bin/cmake that is causing the trouble
here.  Try moving it, at least temporarily.  That's not a standard part
of the system, so fink's cmake packaging might not be able to cope with it.

As a general note:  you didn't address my points (1-3) below, which
would help us identify your system and to see if anybody can reproduce
your error.

> --- On *Wed, 8/26/09, Alexander Hansen /<alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>/*

<snip>

> Post back with the following:
>
> 1)  the output of "fink -V | head -n2"
> 2)  the output of "sw_vers | grep ProductVersion"
> 3)  the output of "xcodebuild -version"
> 4)  Go through the output from an attempt to install cmake, starting at
> the beginning, and post what you get starting with the line _just
> _before any errors start to occur, and continuing for a few lines
> afterward.

- --
Alexander Hansen
Fink User Liaison