From: Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fink-users] Failed: phase compiling: cmake-2.6.4-1 failed
To: "vibnwis" <vibn...@yahoo.com>
Cc: fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 9:48 AM

vibnwis wrote:
> No lucks! The same set of errors hence ruled out the contribution from
> MacPorts.
>
> I wonder cmake of Finks for PowerPC is somewhat different.

It works fine on my 10.5/PowerPC system.  And the package description is
the same for 10.4 and 10.5, Intel and PowerPC.

To keep macports and Fink builds separated, you'll need to make sure
that when you're building with Fink, your shell keeps Macports out of
the PATH, and vice versa.  You'd need to edit your $HOME/.profile, or
whatever startup file you're using.

So you're still getting

[ 64%] Building CXX object
Source/CMakeFiles/CMakeLib.dir/cmELF.o/sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.6.4-1/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmELF.cxx:186:

?  I'm not sure how that's possible if you've actually deactivated
arm-elf-gcc from this build. You can confirm what environment is
actually being used via:

    fink dumpinfo -fenv cmake

If you're setting that CC and CPP system-wide, rather than just locally
to your account. maybe fink is picking it up, since it ignores your
user-level environment settings for builds, and you'd still see CC and
CPP in the output.

A couple more things to check:

What do you get from

    /usr/bin/cc --version | head -n 1

And look near the beginning of your build output (you might want to use
"fink -l build cmake", which will put a log in /tmp for you to refer to,
at least until you reboot--you can move it, in any case) and look for
the following:

/sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.6.4-1/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk/InitialCacheFlags.cmake
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

If it says something other than /usr/bin/cc, that would be of interest.