Not having seen vibnwis' original error message, I assume it is the
following:

Alexander Hansen wrote:

> vibnwis wrote:
[]
>> [ 64%] Building CXX object Source/CMakeFiles/CMakeLib.dir/cmELF.o
>> /sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.6.4-1/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmELF.cxx:186:
>> error: 'Elf64_Ehdr' does not name a type

In my builds of cmake, this ELF stuff is *not* compiled at all (makes
sense). Looking at cmake's own cmake CMakeLists.txt, I understand that
the ELF code is compiled if a header file named "elf.h" is found. Such a
file does not exist in the standard include directories on any of my
machines.

My conclusion is that vibnis has some more junk lying around, from the
third-party cmake installation or from somewhere else. In particular, if
there is any file named /usr/include/elf.h or /usr/local/include/elf.h,
it should be moved out of the way.

--
Martin