It is not presently possible to solve the grain impingement problem on a mesh
that is not one of FiPy's predefined grids.

I don't believe it's hard to fix, but I needed to puzzle out why _meshSpacing
was used at all (that bit of code is 14 years old). I now understand what it's
doing, and I don't think it's hard, but it's also not something I can instantly
fix.

https://github.com/usnistgov/fipy/issues/554