Em 22/02/2018 12:39, Dmitry Yemanov escreveu:
> 22.02.2018 16:41, Alex Peshkoff wrote:
>>
>>> As part of CORE-5750 problems, I found that Firebird considers '12Mar92'
>>> as a valid date (1992-03-12).
>>>
>>> Should this be considered a bug, i.e., separators should be necessary in
>>> this case (12-Mar-92, 12/Mar/92, 12.Mar.92)?
>>
>> Let's better treat it as standard extension.
>> Line is human-readable and as far as I can see does not provide an
>> ability to treat it as date in illegal way.
>
> From another side, I really doubt anyone is intentionally using this
> format. So the main question is whether it prevents Adriano from doing
> his improvements.

It's not impossible, but totally very annoying case, as there is
different but similar ways:

Mar12 92

Mar12-92

Then we should invent rules, as the current fix I did makes necessary
that the first separator is equal to the second, to not accept 11.01-92.

But if empty becomes a valid separator and space is not, both cases
above will be invalid.

So my preference is to invalidate 12Mar92 as well.

Adriano