>I really don't understand why you emphasize so much on case-/accent-insensitivity

Because it is a bug. that's all.

>Case is less important than base letter.

No. Base letter is most important.
a1 A1 a2 A2 ... This is correct result as they are ordered by CSAS in icu collation rule. If case was more important the result would be : A1 A2 a1 a2... (the same result as UTF8) -or- a1 a2 A1 A2...
What if you added B1 b1 B2 b2 in the list? No need to tell the result:)

>when string is separated in multiple columns, case become more important than we naturally expect.

No. Case does not become more important in multiple columns.

Please visit this site: (http://demo.icu-project.org/icu-bin/collation.html )
and try to see the exact sort key generated by icu library.
It's very easy.