On 19/10/2018 06:24, nonomura wrote:
> Adriano,
>
> I've read your comment again, carefully, and understood what you were
> thinking as
> "the root of the problem".
>
> But I could not understand how it is relating to the case that I
> reported.
>
> ICU library generates sort keys for those three collations and
> Firebird uses it.
> Firebird generates sort keys for collations other than those of ICU's.
> Is this correct?
>
> You were talking about the sort key generation in Firebird, right?
> I was talking about ICU's.
>
> That's why we were talking past each other, maybe?
> Or do you mean that the sort key generated through ICU library is
> reorganized
> in Firebird? If so, please tell me how.

ICU generates sort key for a single string. For multi segment (columns)
index/sort, Firebird call ICU (or any collation) for each column and
join the generated fully (with all levels/strengths) sort keys.

To generate interleaved keys and joins them in another manner, Firebird
INTL interface should be changed, so Firebird could ask a collation for
the sort key's levels/strengths separated.

Adriano