Hi Paul,

Thanks for the answer.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Paul Beach <pabe...@waitrose.com> wrote:

>  - How should the output of fb_lock_print interpreted in this case? Are
> these numbers "wrong" in some sense? Can they be improved by some
> parameter tuning?>>
>
> Rejects = Lock requests that cannot be satisfied.... no big deal
> No wait locks? Engine locks? I wouldn't worry about it.
>
> Looking at your Lock Header - it looks fine. Your problem is elsewhere.

Another thing I noticed since my original e-mail (and after reading a few
chapters in a Firebird book) is that "the gap" between OIT and OAT can be
farely large (500 000 +) during the slowdowns, though there is no linear or
polynomial correlation between the refenrece query's execution time and the
size of the gap:

[image: Inline image 1]
(blue is the execution time of the reference query (left side y axis),
purple is the gap (right side y axis))

As I read, gap is not the cause of the slowness just an observable result
of transactions that might result in slowness. So now I think this is the
area that should be investigated further. It seems that to further analyze
this I'll need some of the advanced Firebird tools.
--
Zizi

"...nálatok a cégnél múltból nagyon sok van..."