On 2018-05-24 07:37, 'Primoz  Jenko' primoz.je...@domplan.si
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have exact same problem. Author of some previous posts here in this
> group (THANK YOU AGAIN!)  gave us the asnwer how to solve the problem.

The problem I have with this solution, is that when using a Firebird
database, you shouldn't be accessing a Firebird dstabase through a
share, and Firebird should disallow that by default. So I wonder if the
problem is not related to the connection protocol used.

In other words: did you really access a Firebird database through a
share? Or where you using the WNET (NetBEUI) protocol to connect to
Firebird?

Because if that is the actual problem, the solution should be much
simpler: use a TCP/IP connection string instead. That avoids the need to
turn on SMB (which is a potential security issue), or having to do a
forced upgrade of your OS.

Mark
  • [firebird-sup... Eduard Calveras ecalve...@inforserveis.es [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fir... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]