From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-supp...@yahoogroups..com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:32 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Error -902 after Update Windows 10

On 2018-05-24 07:37, 'Primoz Jenko'
primoz.je...@domplan.si<mailto:primoz.je...@domplan.si>
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have exact same problem. Author of some previous posts here in this
> group (THANK YOU AGAIN!) gave us the asnwer how to solve the problem.

The problem I have with this solution, is that when using a Firebird
database, you shouldn't be accessing a Firebird dstabase through a
share, and Firebird should disallow that by default. So I wonder if the
problem is not related to the connection protocol used.

In other words: did you really access a Firebird database through a
share? Or where you using the WNET (NetBEUI) protocol to connect to
Firebird?

Because if that is the actual problem, the solution should be much
simpler: use a TCP/IP connection string instead. That avoids the need to
turn on SMB (which is a potential security issue), or having to do a
forced upgrade of your OS.

Mark

________________________________
To elektronsko sporo?ilo in vse morebitne priloge predstavljajo poslovno
skrivnost oziroma so zaupne in so namenjene izklju?no naslovniku. Kakr?nokoli
razkrivanje, distribucija ali kopiranje vsebine sporo?ila je izrecno
prepovedano. ?e ste sporo?ilo prejeli pomotoma, Vas prosimo, da o tem obvestite
po?iljatelja, sporo?ilo pa takoj uni?ite.
  • [firebird-sup... Eduard Calveras ecalve...@inforserveis.es [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fir... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fir... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
    • RE: [fir... 'Primoz Jenko' primoz.je...@domplan.si [firebird-support]