dear gordana,

maybe the following is of interest to the topic. first, the description of the
module i am responsible of in the curriculum of master students of technical
informatics and media informatics from this year on (see below). and second, a
link to download a background information from my website referring the field
i'm teaching in (and taught in salzburg) including a description of my courses
that i had called years ago foundations of information science
(http://www.hofkirchner.uti.at/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/forIASCYSchengdu2010.pdf).

Designing Technosocial Systems
Regelarbeitsaufwand: 6Ects
Bildungsziele:
Fachliche und methodische Kenntnisse: Students acquire, for tayloring their
methodolo- gies of designing socially embedded systems, theoretical knowledge
in the fields of
• Information Ethics • Information concepts • Philosophy of Science •
Science–Technology–Society with special focus on ICTs
Kognitive und praktische Fertigkeiten: Students develop skills • to reflect
different perspectives of computer science • to get aware of impacts of
technology design on society • to understand multi-, inter- and
transdisciplinary needs • to discriminate between mathematical, empirical and
engineering approaches • to choose and tailor the appropriate methodology
• to better master complexity
Soziale Kompetenzen, Innovationskompetenz und Kreativität: Students are
capacitated • to feel comfortable with teams going beyond disciplines • to
respond to the requirement to take social responsibility • to balance formal
and informal requirements
Inhalt: Theoretical foundations: Philosophy of Information (Computing and
Philosophy) and Science-Technology–Society with special focus on ICTs
(Information and Society):
Computing and Philosophy issues: Location of informatics in the classification
of disci- plines; ways of thinking (reduction, projection, dichotomisation,
integration); transdisci- plinarity in science and engineering; information
processing and information generation; system theoretical concepts; computers
and information ethics. Information and Society issues: Information society
theory and empirical studies; global challenges; technological systems as
social systems; the quest for automation and impacts on society (desaster
analysis); design requirements for socially embedded systems; law aspects:
liabilities, certification.
20Erwartete Vorkenntisse:
Fachliche und methodische Kenntnisse: Bachelor-level knowledge of computer
systems and information processing in cyber-physical systems.
Kognitive und praktische Fertigkeiten: Bachelor-level Reading and writing
skills.
Soziale Kompetenzen, Innovationskompetenz und Kreativität: Interest in inter-
and transdisciplinary issues in information sciences and technology.
Diese Voraussetzungen werden in folgenden Modulen vermittelt:
Verpflichtende Voraussetzungen: Keine.
Angewandte Lehr- und Lernformen und geeignete Leistungsbeurteilung: Lectures
with accompanying practicals in which the students make use of the new
knowledge when applying the different skills and capabilities they have been
trained in on the Bachelor- level. Working in groups is permitted. The students
give presentations of the results, author written reports and perform tests.
Lehrveranstaltungen des Moduls: The course on Computing and Philosophy is
obligatory. Of the other two, one has to be selected.
3.0/2.5 VU Computing and Philosophy 3.0/2.5 VU Information and Society 3.0/2.0
SE Neue Technologien und sozialer Wandel

cheers,

wolfgang

+43 1 58801 18730 (no box)

http://hofkirchner.uti.at/