-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto:         Re: [Fis] Physics of computing
Fecha:  Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:24:38 +0100
De:     Dr. Plamen L. Simeonov <plamen.l.simeo...@gmail.com>
Para:   Pedro C. Marijuan <pcmarijuan.i...@aragon.es>
Referencias: <20120316041607.66ffc68000...@1w8.tpn.terra.com> <4f6321c3.5000...@aragon.es>

+++++++++++

Dear All,

I could not agree more with Pedro's opinion. The referred article is interesting indeed. but, information is only physical in the narrow sense taken by conventional physicalistic-mechanistic-computational approaches. Such a statement defends the reductionist view at nature: sorry. But information is more than bits and Shanno's law and biology has far more to offer. I think we are at the beginning of a new scientific revolution. So, we may need to take our (Maxwell) "daemons" and (Turing) "oracles" closer under the lens. In fact, David Ball, the author of the Nature paper approached me after my talk in Brussels in 2010 on the Integral Biomathics approach and told me he thinks it were a step in the right direction: biology driven mathematics and computation.

By the way, our book of ideas on IB will be released next month by Springer: http://www.springer.com/engineering/computational+intelligence+and+complexity/book/978-3-642-28110-5 If you wish to obtain it at a lower price (65 EUR incl. worldwide delivery) please send me your names, mailing addresses and phone numbers via email to: pla...@simeio.org <mailto:pla...@simeio.org>. There must be at least 9 orders to keep that discount price..

Best,

Plamen