John, I read the English translation of Science and Information theory in
1976 and was profoundly influenced by it. I started doing so because I was
trying to understand conscious awareness at that time, and it struck me
that information theory was the closest thing to it in science at the time.
(not being impressed much by S's cat etc.)
So you see it took 40 years thought for me to get to where I am now. Even
in 2008 when I had 90% of my present theory worked out, I was not
formulating it as a new theory of information.
Reading and re-rereading (!) Shear and Chalmers was central to that. And
the fluid Reynolds number analogy which led me to see that I did indeed
have a genuine 'Double Aspect' information theory of just the right kind.
Alex

On 8 July 2016 at 20:37, John Collier <colli...@ukzn.ac.za> wrote:

> Comment inserted below yours.
>

> John Collier
>
> Professor Emeritus and Senior Research Associate
>
> University of KwaZulu-Natal
>
> http://web.ncf.ca/collier

Alex Hankey M.A. (Cantab.) PhD (M.I.T.)
Distinguished Professor of Yoga and Physical Science,
SVYASA, Eknath Bhavan, 19 Gavipuram Circle
Bangalore 560019, Karnataka, India
Mobile (Intn'l): +44 7710 534195
Mobile (India) +91 900 800 8789