Rafael
John, I read the English translation of Science and Information theory in 1976 and was profoundly influenced by it. I started doing so because I was trying to understand conscious awareness at that time, and it struck me that information theory was the closest thing to it in science at the time. (not being impressed much by S's cat etc.) So you see it took 40 years thought for me to get to where I am now. Even in 2008 when I had 90% of my present theory worked out, I was not formulating it as a new theory of information. Reading and re-rereading (!) Shear and Chalmers was central to that. And the fluid Reynolds number analogy which led me to see that I did indeed have a genuine 'Double Aspect' information theory of just the right kind.
Alex

On 8 July 2016 at 20:37, John Collier <colli...@ukzn.ac.za <mailto:colli...@ukzn.ac.za>> wrote:

    Comment inserted below yours.

    John Collier

    Professor Emeritus and Senior Research Associate

    University of KwaZulu-Natal

    http://web.ncf.ca/collier

    *From:*Fis [mailto:fis-boun...@listas.unizar.es
    <mailto:fis-boun...@listas.unizar.es>] *On Behalf Of *Michel Godron
    *Sent:* Friday, 08 July 2016 4:52 PM
    *To:* fis@listas.unizar.es <mailto:fis@listas.unizar.es>;
    l...@leydesdorff.net <mailto:l...@leydesdorff.net>
    *Subject:* Re: [Fis] Essential Core?

    My responses are in red

    Bien reçu votre message. MERCI. Cordialement. M. Godron

    Le 08/07/2016 à 14:42, Pedro C. Marijuan a écrit :

        Dear FIS Colleagues,

        Some brief responses to the different parties:

        Marcus: there were several sessions dealing with info physics,
        where I remember some historical connotations with mechanics
        emerged. Mostly 1998 and 2002 chaired by Koichiro Matsuno and
        2004 by Michel Petitjean. Afterwards the theme has surfaced
        relatively often. About the present possibilities for a UTI,
        my opinion is that strictly remaining within Shannon's and
        anthropocentric discourse boundaries there is no way out.

    Yes, but it is not the same  with  Brillouin's information : I
    could send to you a text in French which gives a demonstration of
    the convergence between  that information and thermodynamical
    neguentropy. Since twenty years, I did not find an english review
    which was interested by this problem, because I am biologist and
    the biological reviews were not interested.

    */[John Collier] I agree. I have read only an English translation
    of Science and Information Theory. I read it as an undergrad, and
    it has strongly influenced my views. It is unfortunate, I think,
    that it hasn’t influenced English speaking scientists much. I have
    also seen some bad misreadings of what he was saying./*

Alex Hankey M.A. (Cantab.) PhD(M.I.T.)
Distinguished Professor of Yoga and Physical Science,
SVYASA, Eknath Bhavan, 19 Gavipuram Circle
Bangalore 560019, Karnataka, India
Mobile (Intn'l): +44 7710 534195
Mobile (India) +91 900 800 8789

Prof.em. Dr. Rafael Capurro
Hochschule der Medien (HdM), Stuttgart, Germany
Capurro Fiek Foundation for Information Ethics
(http://www.capurro-fiek-foundation.org)
Distinguished Researcher at the African Centre of Excellence for Information
Ethics (ACEIE), Department of Information Science, University of Pretoria,
South Africa.
Chair, International Center for Information Ethics (ICIE) (http://icie.zkm.de)
Editor in Chief, International Review of Information Ethics (IRIE)
(http://www.i-r-i-e.net)
Postal Address: Redtenbacherstr. 9, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
E-Mail: raf...@capurro.de
Voice: + 49 - 721 - 98 22 9 - 22 (Fax: -21)
Homepage: www.capurro.de