Hi Michell and FISers,

"Data is that what we see by using the eyes. Information is that what
we do not see by using the eyes, but we see by using the brain;
because it is the background to that what we see by using the eyes."

This paragraph contains the following pairs or relations:

Data ~ eyes

Information ~ brain

Since eyes cannot function without the brain but the brain can without eyes, I
wonder if the above tetrad can be reduced to a triad:

                        Data ~ eyes/brain ~ information

which in turn may be explained in more detail using the ITR (Irreducible
Triadic Relation) diagram thus:

                                               f                              g
(eyes/brain)

                           Reality --------------> Sign
----------------------> Interpretant

                                |                            (Data)
                               ^

|_______________________________________________________|

                                                       h (information)

 Figure 1.  The data-information relation explained on the basis of ITR
(Irreudicible Triadic Relation).  The arrows read "determines" and
"interpretant is the effect the sign has on the mind of the interpreter (biotic
or abiotic).  f = measurement; g = mental process ; h = correspondence or
information flow.

If you have any question or comments, let me know.

Sung

                                           f                      g (eyes/brain)

Interpretant

                           |                          (Data)
                   ^

                                                  h (information)

 Figure 1.    f = measurement or eyes; g = mental process or brain; h =
correspondence or information flow