Torday's work generally boils down to a concern for PREADAPTATION in
organic evolution.  This is a material necessity.  Preadaptation has been
ignored by the neoDarwinian evolutionary biologists, who have viewed their
task to concern the dynamics of natural selection (even in simple models).
So evolutionary biology has become quite abstract (mathematical), while
Torday's work is very materialistic. The information perspective can likely
better be applied to the materialist perspective than to the abstract
neoDarwinian perspective.  I think Charley D would have preferred Torday!

STAN