On Fri, May 8, 2015, at 11:32 AM, charlie wrote:
> I was actually looking for the named one, `!c` executes the last command
> that begins with the letter c.

Speaking of which, I *still* don't understand what good Alt+Up is in
fish.  I have read the explanation many times to no avail.

I use the up arrow with fish and understand that, I think.  Without any
text entered, it just goes through the history, with text entered it
filters the history with a substring match on the entered text.

Would someone be willing to give me an example of the utility of Alt+up?

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are