Mr. Mehenwal,

I second Mr. Seichter's suggestions:  implement a some kind of flag that
allows the user to opt out of the automatic pull for repos in specified
directories, and place a check for network connectivity if the repo origin
is remote.
Additionally, you may want to add some logic for whether or not the Linux
user should sudo git pull, i.e. is the repo in a location owned by root,
like /etc or /usr, and is the user listed in the sudoers file?

Unlike Mr. Seichter, I think I may use it, as I don't currently have team
repos and my home network rarely goes down. :)

Regards,

Hunter Richardson

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 11:23 AM Ralph Seichter <ab...@monksofcool.net>
wrote:

> * Avi Mehenwal:
>
> > Let me know what do you think
>
> Are you sure? ;-) Firstly, I would not use "git pull" automatically,
> because I want to inspect what somebody else has cooked up before I
> merge it (or not). Push mistakes do happen, no need to make spreading
> them any easier. Secondly, one of the advantages of Git is being able to
> work offline. I would not use software that might cause a potentially
> expensive network connection to be established, or slow things down if
> no connection can be established at all.
>
> This is not meant as criticism of your work, I just don't see a valid
> use case for myself.
>
> -Ralph

*This correspondence was generated using 100% recycled electrons.*