I think that's a good reminder - I wasn't thinking about the folks who don't
have the IDE.

However, I still think that if you create an extension for Flash using a SWF
interface, that the swf/JSFL could have access to more operating system
level functionality like a wrapper would give you.  I think it'd go along
way in developers extending the IDE and it would seem to meet the criteria
as would a projector.  Even more so IMHO.

Thanks G,

On 1/29/06, g.wygonik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hey john
>
> Something to remember is that when folks install the Flash Player via the
> MM
> web site, that doesn't install the _standalone_ Player... Just the browser
> component. Folks normally can't double click a SWF file and have it
> launch.
> Unless you install the Flash IDE or get the specific standalone install,
> there is no "inherent trust" of launching a SWF as there is no means to
> (thus a developer having to make an EXE from the Player).
>
> At least - this has been my experience with all the machines in our
> offices
> and on personal machines... I always send out SWFs with "hey -- look at
> this" and they always forget that they have to drag into a browser to view
> -- and then we're back to the whole security sandbox issue.
>
> I know this doesn't solve anything, but at least it's some speculation on
> the rationale why you can't.
>
> :-)
> g.
>
> On 1/28/06, John Grden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > ;) me too, so no worries
> >
> > Thanks Stacey,
> >

> --
> weblog: broadcast.artificialcolors.com