Let's code everything in one frame when working closely with designers so we can make
them feel stupid and helpless when they go into our application and can't
find anything and we can feel so superior to them because it's so obvious
and now we have to walk them through it and by doing so can show them how
smart and clever we are.

Really well put Steven! I agree 100% - OOP and components are great - at times. But forcing the issue really only shows lack of programming knowledge IMO. I use globals still - they are perfect for many things. Anyone who says different is merely showing their lack of experience at coding.

Dave -
www.blurredistinction.com
www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/